How do I get a copy of a police report or an accident report?
Copies of offense reports and accident reports are available at the TxDOT Crash website or from Records Management located in the lobby of the police station, 255 College. There is a fee for reports obtained in-person, but incident reports from TxDOT are free. For more information, call 409.880.3817 or click here.

How do I file a police report?
If you are reporting a crime of a misdemeanor nature such as theft, criminal mischief, lost property, auto burglary, burglary of a shed or garage, the Beaumont Police Department requests you file the report by using the Internet. To file a report using the Internet, please click here. This will take you to the department’s Police to Citizen (P2C) website. If you would like to talk with an officer, call 409.832.1234. Always call 911 if your situation is an emergency or life-threatening.

Who do I call to see if I have any outstanding warrants?
If you believe you may have a city warrant, you should call Beaumont Municipal Court at 409-833-0555. If you believe you may have a county warrant, you should call the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Department Warrant Division at 409.835.8408.

Who do I call to see if someone is in jail?
The Beaumont Police Department does not have a jail. All prisoners are housed at the Jefferson County Correctional Facility located on Highway 69 in mid-Jefferson County. The telephone number is 409.726.2500.

How can I get fingerprinted?
Fingerprinting is done between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Beaumont Police Department. Cost is $5 per fingerprint card. For more information, call the Identification Bureau at 409.880.3869.

How do I compliment or complain about a Beaumont police officer/department employee and/or police service?
You should either call the officer’s commanding officer or the Beaumont Police Department Internal Affairs Unit at 409.880.3805.

How do I find out how much a traffic ticket is?
You can find out how much a traffic ticket is by calling Beaumont Municipal Court at 409.833.0555.

If I disagree with an officer’s traffic accident report, what can I do?
Officers are traffic accident report takers only. They assess each accident on a case by case basis. Officers make a determination as to the contributing factors in the accident, but they DO NOT determine fault. If you disagree with the final accident report, you should contact the officer to discuss your concerns. The officer has the final say in how the report is written. Who pays for damage and other related costs is a matter which must be determined in civil court and/or between insurance companies. You should contact your insurance agent and/or an attorney.

I have discovered the insurance information on the accident report is not valid. What can I do?
You may file against the other driver for no insurance by going to Municipal Court and completing a complaint form against the other driver. All the information you will need is contained in the accident report.

Who should I contact to get a gun permit?
Handgun permits are issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety. For more information, call 409.924.5400.

How can I get a copy of my criminal history?
Criminal records are maintained by the Texas Department of Public Safety. For more information, call 409.924.5400.

Where can I get information about applying for the Beaumont Police Department (sworn and/or civilian positions)?
Contact the City of Beaumont Human Resources Department at 409.880.3777 or the Beaumont Police Department Personnel Office at 409.880.3822. It is strongly recommended you get an application online.

What are the requirements to apply to become a Beaumont Police Officer?
Please visit the employment information page for eligibility requirements. To see if the City of Beaumont is currently accepting applications, visit the job posting page.

How can I attend the Citizen’s Police Academy?
You can obtain a Citizen’s Police Academy application by calling 409.880.3822 or online.

Do I need an alarm permit?
Alarm permits are required for all alarms in the City of Beaumont. Permit applications can be obtained by calling Police Records Management at 409-880-3836, by visiting our online alarm permit program here, or by downloading and submitting a blank application here.

How do I get a permit to block a portion of my street for a special occasion?
Contact the Beaumont Police Department Traffic Unit at 409.980.7271 or fax the request to 409-980.2525. All applications must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event.
Block closures are only given out under certain, limited circumstances. No closure can be approved which would effect the access/egress of any private, residential property. This restriction limits the number of block closures which can be granted.

Is there a fee for a parade permit and are there any special conditions?
There is a $250.00 permit fee for both commercial and nonprofit entities. Commercial entities are also required to pay for all associated costs including police overtime, barricades, and cleanup costs.
For more information, contact the Beaumont Police Department Traffic Unit at 409.980.7271.

Who should I contact if I have a complaint against a wrecker service and/or taxi service?
Contact the Beaumont Police Department Traffic Unit at 409-980.7271. If the call is after hours, leave a message at the same number by selecting extension 350.

Who should I contact for the status of my hit and run accident report?
Contact the Beaumont Police Department Traffic Unit at 409.980.7271. If the call is after hours, leave a message at the same number by selecting extension 351.

How do I obtain a solicitation permit?
Solicitation permits will only be issued to charitable organizations. The permit request must be submitted 30 days in advance of the event. A permit may be obtained from the Beaumont Police Department Traffic Office which is located behind the Beaumont Municipal Court at 700 Orleans. A permit request can also be faxed to 409.833.2525. For more information, contact the Traffic Office at 409.980.7271.

How can I get crime prevention or other related police presentation for my group, school or organization?
Call the Beaumont Police Department Police Community Relations Unit at 409.880.3825.

Is there a curfew in the City of Beaumont?
Persons age 16 and younger are prohibited from public places without adult supervision between the hours of 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. on Sunday through Thursday and between the hours of midnight and 6 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. There are certain exceptions for work and school activities.

How can someone report speeders on their street or request additional traffic speed monitoring?
You may contact the Beaumont Police Department Traffic Unit at 409.980.7271

How do I arrange for the mobile traffic radar sign to be placed in my neighborhood?
Call the Beaumont Police Traffic Unit at 409.980.7271. Placement is subject to the department being able to locate the sign in a safe location. Length of duration at a particular location is dependant on the number of requests for the sign.

Does the Beaumont Police Department have a police reserve program?
The Beaumont Police Department does NOT have any type of police reserve program.

How can I get a Beaumont Police Department patch?
The Beaumont Police Department receives numerous requests from collectors and police officers for a Beaumont Police Department patch. The department is unable to respond to such requests as no patches are available.

Open Carry Will go into effect January 1, 2016 in the state of Texas.

Here are a few commonly asked questions and answers:

Open Carry Question and Answers

If I see a person open carrying a handgun, should I call the police?
Yes, you can call the police, but before you call, observe how the person is acting. If they are acting suspicious, or enter a building such as a school, then please give us a call. Advise the call taker of any information they have led you to believe the person is acting suspicious or otherwise violating the law.

As a parent, I am concerned with my kids being around people open carrying a handgun. What do I tell my kids to do when they see someone with a pistol on their hip?
Again, it is situational. If your kids see someone in public, they should not be alarmed if that person is carrying a handgun. But if they are at school, and they see a person (who is not a Police officer) carrying a gun, they should immediately tell someone and/or call 911.

If I am carrying a handgun, and I am approached by a police officer, what steps should I take to ensure that the police officer and myself both feel safe during this interaction?
Follow the officer’s instructions. Tell the officer you are carrying a weapon and have a license to do so. Do not reach for the weapon. Have the officer tell you what to do with the weapon.

If I want to prohibit both concealed carry and open carry in my private business what signs should I have displayed?
Answer: You must have the 30.06 (concealed carry) and the 30.07 (open carry) signs posted in the front windows of your business.

If I am a private business owner and I do not have the proper 30.06 and 30.07 signs posted and I ask someone to leave my store who is carrying a weapon, are they still legally required to leave even though I don’t have the proper signs?
Yes. As a private business owner, you can tell someone to leave if they are carrying a weapon whether you have or don’t have the proper signs posted.

If my private business has multiple entrances, can I post the 30.06 and 30.07 signs at the main entrance, or do I need to post them at every entrance?
You must have them posted at all entrances.

What advice would you give to someone who is feeling anxious or intimidated in an open carry environment?
Open carry is going to be something that everyone will have to get used to. Initially, it will be different to see someone carrying a handgun in public, but it is important to be reasonable and know that the people who are open carrying a gun may be law-abiding citizens.